This leading professional services firm has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant with experience in Audit to join their team. The Partners have a strong reputation in the market and have been consistently growing the audit fees and winning new clients. Established for over 30 years, they have a fantastic culture and provide strong training and support to their staff.
Working closely with the Audit Principal, you will provide accounting and audit services to large private and listed companies across a range of industries including manufacturing, property, mining, construction and retail.
- Planning work and identifying key audit risks, presentation of key audit matters for ASX listed clients
- audit the income and expenditure of various client organisations via detailed examination
- Undertake audit field work
- Assisting with the preparation and completion of financial reports for presentation to the board of directors of clients, shareholders, management and other stakeholders (including government and other regulatory bodies)
- assess internal accounting systems and propose repair or review as required
- reviewing client budgets and comparing to actuals in order to assess areas of improvement in the budgeting process
- Assessing reasonableness of client accounting policies to ensure compliance with IFRS
- Assessing impacts of new accounting standards applicable in future periods for accounting and audit clients - Leases, Revenue and Financial Instruments
- Liaising directly with the client
- Ad-hoc projects and process improvements for the firms accounting and audit clients
- reviewing and assessing suitability of client accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of IT based accounting systems and software packages
- providing assurance services about the accuracy and completeness of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory reporting requirements
- reviewing accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- reviewing internal control systems of clients and providing advice on internal control and system improvements in order to minimise the risk of fraud.
To be considered for this position, you will have completed your CA accreditation and have a minimum of 2 - 4 years audit experience from a reputable accountancy firm. You will have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a passion for developing your career in the audit area of accounting practice. In return you will benefit from mentoring and support, regular training and a positive team culture.
Interested to find out more?
Apply online or phone James Clark on (02) 9053 0007.