- Award Winning Top 10 Accounting Firm
- Career Development with Leading Professionals + Further Study Support
- Enviable Team Culture & Flexible Working Environment Including Remote/WFH
Leading with energy and expertise, join our growing Melbourne CBD client as an accomplished senior to drive their client's and their team's success
Our client is growing and seeking dedicated individuals to join their dynamic and energetic team. Located in the Melbourne CBD, they prioritise building strong relationships with an enviable portfolio of clients, focusing on providing top-tier tax, wealth, and financial advice.
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established accounting practice where you will be exposed to excellent training and provided with all the tools to develop into an all-round Business Advisor.
As a Senior Accountant, you will play a crucial role in our client's team, gaining exposure to a diverse range of clients and contributing to their ongoing success. Your responsibilities will include:
- Taxation Services - Prepare and review tax returns for companies, trusts, individuals and sole traders including FBT assessment and compliance, preparation and lodgement of BAS/IAS returns & DIV 7a compliance as well as identifying opportunities to minimize tax liabilities and maximize tax benefits
- Financial Reporting and Compliance - Preparation of annual financial statements for tax planning, financial reporting and compliance
- Advisory and Consulting - Provide financial and business advisory services, including financial analysis, performance improvement, risk management, and assisting with budgeting, cash flow management & forecasting under the guidance of a partner
- Client Relationship Management - as the primary point of contact for clients, address inquiries, provide updates on engagements, and offer strategic advice, maintaining strong client relationships
- Staff Supervision and Training - Supervise and mentor junior staff, providing guidance, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and support
- Quality Control and Compliance - Adhere to professional standards, ethical guidelines, and firm policies and participate in peer reviews and quality assurance processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Business Development - As a source of practice growth, generate new business opportunities with existing clients and through networking and referrals. Collaborate with partners and senior management to develop proposals, negotiate engagement terms, and secure new client engagements.
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development - Remain current with your understanding of accounting standards, tax laws, industry trends, and best practices.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified with CA/CPA qualification or near completion with a minimum of 3.5 years of experience in public practice working in a Senior capacity in Business Services/Tax
- Comprehensive knowledge of Australia's accounting and tax standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient working autonomously across a number of clients and projects and easily switching to collaborating in a team environment
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills, proactive mindset with a methodical approach to working efficiently and accurately
- Adept with accounting packages like MYOB, QuickBooks, and Xero
Our client prioritises a dynamic culture where career progression is a top priority. They offer a flexible workplace, ongoing training, and a range of staff benefits:
- Competitive annual package and salary reviews
- Career advancement opportunities including access to continuing education reimbursement for advanced degrees, training programs, certifications and conferences
- Mentorship program pairing senior accountants with experienced mentors to provide ongoing guidance, support, and career advice
- Regular performance reviews and career coaching sessions to provide feedback, identify areas for growth, and support career development goals
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote work options and flexible scheduling
- Negotiable additional perks such as professional memberships paid annually, gym memberships, wellness programs, commuter benefits, and company-sponsored social events
- Social activities and team building days
- Positive culture that fosters teamwork, innovation, and inclusivity with a relaxed and collaborative work environment
- Excellent amenities and premises located in Melbourne
Click now to apply if the above aligns with your career goals.
If you're ready to join a firm that values its people and offers exciting opportunities for growth and development, apply now! Our client's looking for dynamic individuals with public practice experience to contribute to their growth and share in their success.
Click to apply or contact Nick Kellis on 0459 492 342 for a confidential discussion if you're ready to take the next step in your career.
Please only apply if you currently reside in Australia and hold full work rights. Only successful candidates will be contacted.