- Be part of a culture that supports personal and professional growth
- Play a pivotal role in our client's specialised SMSF team
- Offering a great flexible working policy and work-life balance
We are thrilled to present an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven SMSF Manager. This leading national mid-tier accounting and advisory firm is seeking a talented professional to join their Private Business Family Advisory division.
As a reputable firm with a strong network of independent entities, our client is dedicated to enabling growth and ambition for both their clients and their employees. Joining their team means becoming part of a supportive and collaborative environment that values continuous learning and fosters long term relationships.
As the SMSF Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our client's specialised SMSF business. You will be responsible for providing compliance services to their valued clients and collaborating with the Private Clients and Wealth Management teams. Additionally, you will support the SMSF advisers on advisory services and other SMSF-based projects, gaining exposure to both the accounting and wealth management aspects of the business.
- Assisting the SMSF team with year-end compliance requirements.
- Liaising with various teams within the firm, external providers, and clients as required.
- Reviewing both simple and complex SMSF accounts and tax returns.
- Coordinating with auditors to ensure timely completion of the annual audit.
- Managing and effectively communicating the status of key tasks and projects.
- Supporting the SMSF advisers with end-of-year planning, preparation of advice and documentation.
- Undertaking special projects related to SMSF as required.
- Allocating budgeted time for assignments and ensuring completion within the designated timeframe.
- Supervising, developing, and training teams while offering technical advice and insight.
- Leading the team with confidence and motivation to achieve high performance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an SMSF compliance or audit role.
- CA / CPA qualification (or similar relevant qualification).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent knowledge of SMSF software.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in managing and coaching a supportive team.
- Ability to work directly with partners and independently lead the team.
Be part of a culture that supports personal and professional growth, promoting a healthy work-life balance and offering a great flexible working policy
Join a firm that prioritises building meaningful relationships with their clients, resulting in trust that creates opportunities for both the business and your career.
If you are ready to embark on an exciting journey with a reputable firm, work in a supportive team, and make a significant impact, don't miss this opportunity.
Apply now to join our client's dynamic team as an SMSF Manager! For more information or a confidential discussion, please phone Steve Merritt on 0404 426 749.