- $100K - $120K Package + Annual Bonus
- Rapidly accelerate your career to Manager level and beyond
- Wealthy client group with interesting businesses and advisory opportunities
- Outstanding culture and team environment
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangement
- Strong training and career support
This well established and thriving City firm is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to step up and join the team as an Assistant Manager. They have 5 Partners and around 35 staff that service a growing client base in various industry sectors. With a proud history and passionate leadership team, they invest heavily in staff development and training, to ensure they are providing a high quality service to their clients.
You will have responsibility for a group of clients and small team, ensuring the reliable production of financial, tax and advisory services are delivered on time. You will be reasonably hands on to ensure completion of projects, manage workflow and review work for your team. The opportunity to work closely with Directors and help develop your technical skills will also be on offer.
- Delegate and supervise the preparation of financial statements including monthly, quarterly and annual BAS's and income tax returns
- Coach staff working on projects to ensure they are learning on the job
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Provide matters for consideration for review by Directors
- Ensure workflow is understood by staff and deadlines are met
- Ensure all workpaper files are complete before providing for review by Director/Manager
- Research taxation matters and communicate findings with Directors/Managers
- Mentor Seniors Intermediates
- Assist in preparing and delivering advisory based services to clients
- Manage WIP including invoicing in accordance with agreed fee arrangements
To be successful in this position, you will have a minimum of 4 years experience in public practice and be CA / CPA qualified. Experience dealing directly with clients, understanding their needs and investment goals will be highly regarded. Good judgement, problem-solving and analytical skills will be required on a daily basis. Above all, strong communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment are essential.
Click to apply or contact Steve Merritt (Director) on 0404 426 749 for more information and a confidential chat.