- Opportunity to advise clients on complex tax issues and lead a team of professionals.
- Competitive salary, hybrid work arrangements, and emphasis on work-life balance in a supportive and diverse work environment.
- Future Partnership opportunities
Our client is a reputable mid-tier firm based in Sydney CBD. With a dedicated tax team and corporate advisory team, they boast a headcount of over 45 staff locally. The firm is known for its nimble and client-focused approach, offering the highest level of service to a diverse portfolio of clients. Their client base spans various industries, including corporate financial services, private clients, manufacturers and distributors, estates and farming, software platform developers and resellers, service providers, and ASX listed clients.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected, growing practice within their stunning city offices. They are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Tax Manager with 7+ years of experience to support the tax team.
Key responsibilities include confidently advising clients on complex tax issues, drafting internal documentation and external tax advice reports, developing practical solutions to tax issues, managing tax return preparations, overseeing training sessions, and leading the team by example and encouragement. The role also involves creating opportunities to increase current business and expand into new markets.
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- 7-10+ years of broad Australian tax experience, including income tax, GST, FBT, and payroll tax.
- Tax effect accounting experience.
- CA/CPA Qualified (or equivalent).
- Interest in pursuing further study in tax, such as CTA or Master of Taxation.
- Essential experience in corporate and trust tax (tax consolidation experience preferred).
- Proven experience in leading and mentoring a team.
- Effective communicator with coaching skills to delegate successfully.
- Tech-savvy with excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Xero.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews.
- Hybrid working arrangements to promote work-life balance.
- People-centered firm with a clear direction, great work ethic, and supportive environment.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Diverse client base, working with well-respected industry leaders.
- Regular team social events to foster a positive team culture.
- Convenient location in CBD.
How to Apply:
If you see yourself thriving in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you and exploring this exciting opportunity with our client.
For more information please contact Steve Merritt on 0404 426 749.